Назва вакансії: Junior Gas Specialist
Сфера діяльності компанії: Державна служба, некомерційні організації
Вид зайнятості: Повна зайнятість
Назва компанії / організації: USAID/Energy Security Project (ESP)
Опис вакансії (вимоги, умови, режим роботи):
JUNIOR GAS SPECIALIST
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the largest USAID project in Ukraine so far. The ESP is implemented by a USAID Contractor, Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians. ESP is currently in the third year of implementation and will run through June 2023.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., implementing the USAID Energy Security Project is looking to fill in the position of a Junior Gas Specialist to undertake a wide and diverse range of activities in support of the gas team’s work program. These activities may include technical, regulatory, policy, strategy and decarbonization/green deal related projects to support the growth of Ukraine’s gas sector and its integration into the energy system of the European Union. The Junior Specialist will also undertake some internal activities to plan, coordinate and track program support services and activities, manage libraries of information and coordinate logistics for the team.
Overall, the Junior Gas Specialist will play a central role in the ESP gas team, engaging with all of the activity areas in order to do their job effectively. ESP expects that a successful Junior Gas Specialist would soon be ready to take on own tasks and projects and quickly become an important contributor towards energy sector reform in Ukraine.
• Conduct research and undertake analyses on a variety of topics in the gas and energy sector including related to market development,
sector reform, policy and regulation, finance, technical and decarbonization;
• Oversee the gas team’s inputs to ESP’s grants program, working with important Ukrainian national institutions;
• Coordinate and support relationships with key government stakeholders, international donors and international financial institutions;
• Support the preparation of technical presentations, reports, papers and other deliverables;
• Attend relevant conferences and events and prepare meeting summaries for the team.
• Participate in internal and external meetings: prepare agendas, take and distribute meeting minutes, and follow up on action items.
• Working with Event Manager, coordinate logistics for project events.
• Assist with drafting work plans, updating project trackers and coordinating team input into internal reports to ensure gas team Annual
work Program is on track.
• Maintain shared folder of project documents, reports and other information.
• Support project managers with day-to-day tasks.
• Good IT skills, mostly focused on MS Office;
• Strong English and Ukrainian language skills, both written and spoken;
• Some awareness of project management techniques is an advantage;
• Ability to manage your own time and tasks;
• Ability to work in a team and contribute effectively;
• A positive, “can-do” attitude, enthusiasm and willingness to be constantly presented with new challenges;
• Ability to learn from best practice and enthusiasm to consider innovative and modern approaches to work;
• Long term potential to grow and contribute to more complex tasks of ESP;
• Some knowledge, or at least an interest in the energy sector.
IN RETURN THE JUNIOR GAS SPECIALIST WILL GET:
• The potential to rapidly progress the career by working on some of the most important political and economic issues in Ukraine and the
• The ability to shape and manage own career in a modern, inclusive work environment of international and Ukrainian energy sector
• Consistent exposure to EU, US and international leading organizations, global experts and institutions;
• Exposure to senior level Ukrainian government, regulatory and commercial sector stakeholders;
• A genuine work/life balance, as well as 24 working days of paid vacation;
• A competitive salary, corporate medical insurance/mobile phone coverage;
• Support, coaching and mentoring for growth.